October 2008 Aaramie Birthday and Halloween

Unfortunately I forgot my camera for these two events and will hopefully get the pictures off of Rosina's camera.

I told Aaramie when she turned 5 she could carry Hyrum. It is a bit nerve racking at times but for the most part it is WONDERFUL! She has a new pet! It has really helped me to get things done!

After doing some research on the origin of Halloween and it's traditions I decided they are not traditions that I want to perpetuate. Not to mention that I have never been comfortable with all the evil and gorry things or with the kids coming home with bags full of candy, or with the kids knocking on doors and demanding candy. They become greedy and contentious. So we decided to get out the costumes months ago and they have been playing with them and can play with them whenever they want. We also decided to do somthing good and giving on Halloween. So this year we make cinnamon rolls and took them to people in the ward whom we felt needed some appreciations for all the time and work they put into their callings. It was a really fun night! Our kids had a great time and so did we. They did come away with a little bit of candy from a couple of the people that we delivered cinnamon rolls to. I would much rather people give them candy then to have my kids asking or demanding it.