Amazingly in the midst of storms we were able to go to Utah to be with my family for christmas and our hopes were to be there when Val had her baby. We had so much fun playing games and William and I were able to go shopping together (without kids thanks to my Aunt Renee's kids, especially Carrie!) Unfortunately our memory card for our camera had an error and we lost all of our Christmas pictures! DARN!
We feel so blessed to have gotten a laptop for christmas and I am able to do all my online work without having to go into the basement! Also, since Valeri didn't have her baby while we were there I was able to be there via web cam (thanks to skype and our new laptop)! She had a 9 1/2 lb. baby named Jovan. We know that our Father in Heaven blessed her throught the birth and our testimonies have been strengthened concerning the assistence of angels in our time of need and we know that all things are in the Lord's hands.
I really tried to emphasize the meaning of Christmas but I still feel that inspite of my efforts, my children focused mainly on the gift getting part. I would love to hear some of your traditions and ideas to focus on Christ durring the Christmas season, and especially on Christmas day.