October 2009

We went to Sabrina and Ben's home for Alice's baby blessing. Ben is always so good with the kids. He played Sorry with them a few times. As you can tell from Ricky's face, we are still working on being happy even if you are not winning. This has been a tough thing to teach, any ideas?
Ricky begged me all month long to carve a pumpkin. Since the temple session was full William and I stayed home Friday and I let the kids carve pumpkins. I hate to see the pumpkins go to waste so we will be feeding them to the cows at Rosina's. I have bottle pumpkin 3 times this year. Once for myself, and twice to teach others how to do it. I love my pumpkin! I use it instead of butter or oil in my cookie recipes and also in our oatmeal for breakfast.




Aaramie has been counting down the days to her Birthday. We went roller skating but my batteries in the camera were dead. At first it was a disaster. None of the kids would skate without William's total support, so he was taking one at a time and I was watching Hyrum. Thankfully Arletta and Rosina and Ross showed up to help! By the end Aaramie and Ricky were skating on their own.
Can you tell the batteries were dying? Aaramie got a Bop-it and she and Ricky have been practicing and practicing.