Here is the real Christmas picture, You should be getting one in the mail soon!
Eliza gets a new dishes job, cleaning the breakfast dishes to be put in the dishwasher.

The kids were very eager and begged me to put up the christmas decorations, they didn't have to beg very long . . . I was pretty eager myself. Plus things get so busy after Thanksgiving, I thought it wouldn't hurt to get going a little early.
My first attempt at making soap was a flop. I realized that I was looking at the Celcius degrees and I was supposed to be following the Fahrenheit degrees!!!! AAAHHHH. Amazingly it still turned out as relatively good soap.

This picture doesn't do justice to the mess and the work that we put into rendering our own fat for soapmaking. I stopped cutting up fat when my hand went numb. That night I couldn't sleep because the rendering smell was so bad. Then cleaning the fat off of everything was a ridiculous task. We are still finding fat in corners and cracks. I hope I don't have to do this again . . .
The kids were very eager and begged me to put up the christmas decorations, they didn't have to beg very long . . . I was pretty eager myself. Plus things get so busy after Thanksgiving, I thought it wouldn't hurt to get going a little early.
This picture doesn't do justice to the mess and the work that we put into rendering our own fat for soapmaking. I stopped cutting up fat when my hand went numb. That night I couldn't sleep because the rendering smell was so bad. Then cleaning the fat off of everything was a ridiculous task. We are still finding fat in corners and cracks. I hope I don't have to do this again . . .