May 2010

Not sure if we will get another pic of me before baby. I am now 6 days overdue. I just got mom from the airport so baby has permission to come. Will it be a boy or girl???????????????

Even though I am so pregnant I have still been sooooooooo busy and I'm glad the baby has not come yet. Yesterday I was doing laundry, strawberry jam, finances, yard work, cleaning the house, shopping, and even got my exercising in.
I didn't get a picture but we had a sad experience this week. As I was making tortillas for buritto night I heard the chickens and looked out to see a dog in the chicken coop killing our little chickens that we put in there a couple weeks. I ran out and tried to save the chickens but from the time I got out the door and got to the coop he had killed two and injured the third. I chased it away and later got the info off of it's collar when I saw a girl walking it down the road trying to find it's owners. We have put a lot of work into these new chickens and really cared about these ones.
Our good friends, the Smiths, invited us for a Mothers Day BBQ. Moms were the only ones that got to do the Pinata. Who broke the Pinata . . . yours truly, my very first pinata!




Lots of fun! My kids have a great time and I try not to cringe as they drink pop and eat chips, hotdogs, and marshmallows.

Aaramie lost her 2 top teeth in the same week. Hyrum helped out by throwing a glass bottle at her face.





POTTY TRAINING! Hyrum was a champ. One of the easiest to potty train. He has only had 1 or 2 pooping accidents and that includes the days that I was potty training. However, last week he regressed and I am ready to pull my hair out now. (Speaking of hair, last night William had a really funny dream. He dreamed we were in college and he was trying to date me and he was so frustrated that he started cutting his hair off with a potato peeler! Sometimes it was cutting too deep and there were some spots he couldn't get off. )



LEARNING EXPERIENCE! We butchered our own chickens . . . . WOW what an experience. It has definitely made me grateful to just walk in a store and buy a bag of chicken. However, I have a different feeling about eating meat, and the importance of eating it sparingly. So often we eat meat without a thought that a living creature gave it's life for us to have that food. The killing was the hardest part. The skinning and gutting were good for the kids to see and learn about. Here was the throw away guts.



Here is the nice meat all packaged. I haven't been able to eat it yet.


Arletta and Rosina came to help. THANK YOU!!!!



Here is William cleaning our gallows.



I needed some work pants so William donated some. Don't I look cute!