November Misc 2011

oops, I accidently started putting December pictures in this section.

This is the famous old fire engine that goes around Mead in Dec. When the kids see the lights or hear the sirens they run out and get to sit on Santa's lap and get a candy cane. I was too slow to get Rick's picture and Hyrum was too scared.
Our first real pet (besides the chickens). I named him Tiger and the kids thought that was good. He is really friendly and playful. A week later we got him a playmate and named her Sunshine. Maybe we will get a picture of her someday. . .
Rick is such a character. He often wore this hat throughout Dec.
We got the Christmas decorations out and the kids got the nativity costumes out and dressed up.
What a memory! Uncle Ben you are a Saint!!! Sabrina's husband Ben came over to help William put more insulation in our attic. They were dirty from head to foot and a little cramped. The next day Ross and Rosina and Ben and I all went up and worked on the insulation. I never thought I would have to do such things.
Mom you are also a Saint!!! Mom flew up to help us with a bunch of home improvement decisions. She always thinks of things that I don't. The biggest project while she was here was sanding, washing, painting and screwing and unscrewing all the light switch plates and all the handles in the house. There were hundreds of pieces and they all match throughout the house. Even the toilet paper roll holders and the door stops match. It would have been very expensive to replace them all, but painting them all was super cheap and they look so nice!
As you can see everything was gold and is now "oil rubbed bronze" Thanks MOM!
Another project done while Mom was here was replacing a bunch of the lighting that looked bad or didn't work. The fan you see also didn't work and has now been replaced. Each project is a little more expensive than we thought, but things are working and looking better.
The awful dining light!
The kids having fun with Taylor Rae and Kennadi Alent in the "ROMPUS" room (named by Mom)