August 2013

We had a very eventful August with lots of pictures.  However we have spent a lot of time in the garden and I don't have any pictures of it!
We celebrated Rick's birthday the day before Ross and Rosina left on their mission.  Rick created his own pinata out of a box and duct tape.  


 I swing like a girl! How embarrassing!
 Arletta is the heavy hitter.  We didn't think we could get past the duct tape but she did it!
 Miller tradition of spanking.  Hyrum loves it!
 Eliza wanted to take a picture with her camera but the battery was out.  That is why she is frowning. Rosina made blackberry cheesecake for Rick. YUM! It will be over 2 years before we have that again!  I am going to have to make the birthday cakes. AHHHH!
 The Kiels in the ward opened up their pool again this summer.  It has been so good for the kids!  Rick, Aaramie and Eliza wouldn't put their head under water last year at the beginning but now I can hardly get them to stay above water.  This year they had a floatie that made it so Vienna could swim around without me holding on to her. Such freedom for her and me!


 I was so glad the girls swimsuits lasted another year.  However, they are looking pretty sad now.


William and I went camping again for our anniversary.  It is fun to get away from the kids.  Our bedroom in our home is so nice and it has a jetted tub and everything that it seem silly to go pay a bunch of money for a bed and breakfast.  So camping is our get-away!


We love hiking, but this was exceptional because of all the huckleberries along the trail.  We ate and ate until we were full!  It was hard to walk past them without picking them to eat and they were everywhere!




Notice the different horizon lines in the background.  It looked so cool!  In this picture you can only see a few.  We could see about 9 separate horizon lines.

Here we are celebrating on Rick's actual birthday.  Sabrina and Ben came down to go camping with us for his birthday.  Before we left he opened his presents.

Yea! He doesn't have to wear a girly helmet anymore!

A mess kit.  An absolute necessity for scouts!

The campout was a little disappointing.  The weather was cool so the kids didn't want to stay in the water very long.  We found out Sabrina is pregnant, Wahoo!  Thank goodness for my healthy cookies!  They are such a good easy treat.



Do I have great kids or what?!  They are the BEST helpers when it comes to canning. We had tonz of corn from Rosina's garden since Rosina left to Slavakia before she could harvest.  I have never canned corn and boy was it an experience.  Everything was sticky!  What a mess, but I am so grateful for my kids!

We made it to Silverwood again this year.  The kids and I all had on orange shirts so it was easy to spot each other in a crowd.  As soon as we walked past the gate it started pouring rain.  All the rides were shut down but 2.  We almost left.  However we stayed and it got so warm that we went swimming!  At the end of the day we bought the kids huge bowls of icecream.  None of them could finish it.  They were too cold and Aaramie began to feel sick.  I'm so glad my kids are not used to eating a lot of icecream.



I had to put this on here because it made me so happy.  I have been going crazy looking for charging cords all the time.  I was able to put all the cords in the roll out keyboard part of our desk.  Yea!  A charging station!