October 2013

Apples! Apples! Apples!
I could not survive doing all the apples that we did without my kids help!  They are so wonderful! Plus, we really enjoy working and being together and just talking.  Sometimes we do watch videos but I try to keep that at a minimum because then the kids get side tracked watching the video and not working.



What a good action shot! Rick has improved this year in soccer.  He is still not as aggressive as he needs to be but he is good at maneuvering and hustling to get the ball. 

 I finally remembered to bring my camera to document some of the work we did on Ross and Rosina's garden.  We would go every monday night for Family Night.  It started getting dark so fast that I would take the kids right after school and William would join us and when it was too dark to see outside we would go in and Arletta had made dinner while we were working. I am so glad that we are done with garden stuff!!!



Of course the kids had to carve a pumpkin before I baked them all up and canned them.

Hyrum got this thing called a 'Bay Blade' from a yard sale. They are basically a glorified top. I have since learned that this is the new rage and I often hear the boys doing them in bowls, buckets, and on the kitchen floor.  Doesn't Hyrum look SO cut in Rick's hat!

William decided to let Aaramie open her gifts before school.  It was fun! She kept telling us all day that this was the best birthday ever!

This is a tradition from when I was growing up.  Instead of spanks we would bump the person on the head before giving them the gift.  We chant, "Heavy, heavy, hang over thy poor head.  What do you wish this person with a BUMP on the head!"  Then the person receiving the gift makes a wish for the giver as a thank you.



I'm still working on my Birthday cake making skills since Rosina would always make the cakes.  This one was a Jello Poke Cake with whip cream on top.  There is the number 10 in the corner.  I'm not much for decorating I guess.


 Eliza got her first black eye.  She bumped her eye on some bars in the playground at school.  For a while it looked like she had purple eye shadow on.  She dressed up in her white dress and veil as if she was getting married for the trunk or treat.  It looked sort of strange with a black eye.

 I trade babysitting each week with Maren McIntire.  This day I had Rhett and I had to take this picture because it was so interesting how much fun they were having just playing in the bucket of lentils.  They played there for 15-20 minutes before getting more daring and spilling lentils all over the floor.

 Aaramie, being the angel that she is, was awarded Student of the Month.  She has been student of the month every year.  She is so happy and helpful.  She does stand out.  We love you Aaramie!

This is her teacher, Mrs. Sigurdson

Ben and Sabrina came down to pick up their beef and we celebrated Sabrina's birthday while they were here.  I tried to make brownies.  I definitely need to practice that as well!  We had a lot of fun going out to 5 Guys and then watching a movie.  The next day Ben helped William go do a move for someone and Sabrina came to Super Saturday with me.  We then danced to our Kinect to work off the dinner we had the night before!

I didn't get a good action shot but I did want to document Rick playing volleyball.  He is really good at volleyball.  I wonder if it is because it does not require being aggressive up close with the opposing team.  He does a great job going for the ball and getting it over.  You can also see his friend Issac and Carson Frost.