December 2013

Can you see all the mud that came in with the rain water.  There is a big hold in the foundation where a pipe goes to the septic tank.  Someone didn't bother to fill the hole in.

We recently have gotten to know the Palfreys.  Every year she bakes and bakes for over a month and then puts together these HUGE packages of all different kinds of cookies, fudge, and sweet breads.  This was enough sweets for a couple months!

The kids were so patient waiting for us to get up Christmas morning.  William told them that we could not go out until 7:30.  They were in the girls room singing Christmas songs.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the big sign they put up for Santa saying "Please Hide Our Stockings!"  This is definitely a fun part of Christmas morning.

Aaramie requested the fruit and cream oatmeal packets for Christmas breakfast.

Christmas morning playing with new toys.

Bey Blades are the 'thing' these days.  It is cool that it is a toy that both Hyrum and Rick can play together.

Last year I didn't get a picture soon enough and all the toys got scattered all over the house.  I know there are a couple things missing from these pictures but I got the majority.  We had a very abundant Christmas this year thanks to the generosity of others.



Vienna's Sunday shoes were barely holding together.  I couldn't wait for her to get these Sunday boots.  The funny thing is that a couple days later for Eliza's baptism we couldn't find one of the boots and again the next morning before church.  I was so glad I hadn't already thrown away the other shoes.  I mentioned this to Rosina and she said she had noticed the state of Vienna's Sunday shoes and hoped we could find the boots soon!

Hyrum was pretty excited to get Skylanders X-box game and Bey Blade stadium and a Pineapple!

I needed this white board soooooo bad.  I was using an old one for my calendar and to do list but it kept falling apart and falling on the floor because there was no way to secure it well to the wall.  After one bad crash the frame totally broke.  Anyway, William and I were shopping one day and he said he had found the perfect gift for me and he was so excited to surprise me.  We came back later and passed the row with the white board and I kept telling William I needed it and finally he broke down and said that he had allready gotten it. Oops

This is Eliza making rubber band bracelets with a loom and hook.

This is Aaramie in her new sweater.  She has a couple favorite shirts that she wears over and over.  We are trying to get her clothes that she will wear.  She loves this sweater. In her hair is a flower made from a kit that Grandma Wilding gave her.

We wanted to make invitations to Eliza's baptism so we took these pictures for the invitations.  It took me hours to make the invitations and no one came in the end.  Oh well.


Since Ross and Rosina weren't doing chocolate houses this year we did our own.  On Christmas eve the kids and I were creative with graham crackers and icing and candy. Notice Eliza's cave entrance.

Hyrum mostly ate the candy while we worked and didn't have much candy later on to snack on.

Aaramie created a playground/park with a swimming pool, sunbathers, soccer, basketball, and water park.  All the Dots candies were people.

Ricky just made a regular house and yard but probably had the most candy on his than anyone.
 Mine was a lady and a flower and a sunshine and butterflies.

Donavon and Lisa and Ben and Sabrina came up the weekend after Christmas to visit Ross and Rosina while they were here and go to Eliza's baptism.


Eliza shared her baptism with Jamie Fullmer who was adopted this past year.

We were having so much fun with family that we didn't get home in time to take care of the chickens and get ready for the baptism and get pictures before the baptism so we go the pictures afterward.





Vienna woke up from her nap and she wanted some carrots that I was peeling.  So I gave her some and it was just so cute with her full mouth and crazy hair.

I forgot to include this in our Christmas pictures.  Arletta was so generous and bought me a much needed coat and William a much needed sleeping pad for camping.  She also got the children some water bottle bags that they can put hot water in and take to bed.  I have been planning on making this sign for William for months.  I finally did it.  It was my first time painting a picture, and frankly, for a first time it turned out really good!

I had to document the kids playing video games.  This is what they have done the most over this Christmas vacation.  We vowed never to have video games but it really is a good toy for the older kids especially when they are trying to entertain friends at our house.