August 2014

After the Trek Ben brought the kids home on Sunday. Monday morning we set out to Utah.  We passed hundreds of army trucks on their way to a training in Boise.

Valeri had a hammock.  The kids really enjoyed it and eventually it broke :(


I am so glad that my parents taught my kids how to play Zarahemla.  Once they knew how to play they played over and over and over again.  Valeri doesn't have TV or video games so the board games got pulled out.

Val has a great apple tree with a lot of horizontal branches that the kids could put boards across and make a fort.  They spent an entire day out there.

Look at that white hair!  Lots of time in the sun.


Vienna and Alissa played so well together the whole time we were there.  It was great.  They are at about the same vocabulary level.

Another fort made from tree clippings.


When Reese showed up she was the leader of the little girl band.  Whatever she did the other girls followed.

This is Aaramie and Eliza performing their "Church is an Open Door" Parody for the song "Love is an open door" from the movie Frozen.  It turned into a talent show and all the kids, including Valeri's boys performed a piece at the piano.




We are so blessed to see Grandma Rowley so much when we go down.

We then went to the Miller Reunion at Bear lake.  We all came to Garden City to have a famous Raspberry shakes.



Vienna had another playmate! Sara Jane and her played really well.

Do people really do Hakki Sack still? I guess so.


Sam invited William and Eliza to go on the ATV and they went through a bunch of puddles as you can see. Later William and I were invited again to go and we came back wet and cold and dirty.  I can still tell which pair of socks I wore in that truck!


I don't think we can have a Miller reunion without 2 kitchens and a huge dining room!  It worked out so well!

Andrea is the ballon lady.

The marshmallow war is always a hit!  People sometimes drag their feet but when they do it, it is a lot of fun!!!!






It rained all week but amazingly the sun kinda came out while we went swimming.












My attempt at taking a cool picture of Alison (Verina's daughter), I think it turned out!
Another attempt at a cool picture.

It is not easy to take a picture of Verina's family.  This is the best one.

It is a miracle we got a family picture with everyone!

Then off to Vernal!  Saturday morning we went to a lady's house that has 50+ Peacocks!  There were feathers on the ground everywhere and the kids wanted to keep them all, even the ones with poop on them.  We did bring a bunch home to William's dismay.  ;)






The Peacocks didn't want to socialize.  They all hid in the trees or on the house.

Rick snuck up into the trees to get a close up picture.


Nikki is pregnant! Yea!





Hyrum climbed to the top several times at my dad's work party.  He is such a monkey!


The kids got to climb on the big machines. And they are BIG!





Before we left we stopped at Verl and Irene Mumford's home.  They were my nursery leaders when I was a toddler.  I couldn't remember what they looked like until we got to their home and when I saw them I immediately recognized them.  Verl looked very different but I recognized his voice.  They used to say hi to us all the time at church when we were kids.  As a kid I had a love for them.  It was good to visit.



We left some food at my parents and worried that we would have to stop for food on Sunday but when we stopped to visit Grandpa Zollinger they invited us to a big Sunday dinner!  What a blessing.  Just before we left they took the kids on the four wheeler for a ride and even let Rick drive. SCARY!


Of course you can't have a family reunion without pictures!  Thank you Val for your nice camera and your picture taking skills!






For some reason the blog put this picture down here.  It is good to see all the Millers still like to be crazy!