March 2009

Homemade Modest Swimsuits!










Homemade MODEST swimming suits!!!
I have been so excited about this. I have made one for myself but it is not quite finished yet since I broke the needle on my sewing machine. Anyway, I have never felt comfortable in swimming suits. Even though they cover the tummy, they are not modest in my oppinion. We have been teaching our girls about modesty and Aaramie told me "We can't show our shoulders, right mom, except when we go swimming." And I thought, "Why is it Ok when we are swimming?" and I came to the conclusion that I didn't think it was ok for us to show so much skin when we go swimming. I was trying to find a modest swimming suit on the internet and ran across the site http://www.modestswimwearsolutions.com/ and at first I thought it was a little too modest but as I thought more about it and searched other sites, it was EXACTLY what I was looking for and they even gave me the idea that I could make it myself. (When you go to the site make sure you look at all the pictures, some are cuter than others) It was soooooo cheap to make my girls and my swimming suits! Much less than anything I could find on the internet and they cover much more! My girls looove their suits and as soon as I tell anyone about them the girls run to put them on and show them off and then it takes quite a bit of coaxing to get them to get their regular clothes back on.

So, I no longer have to worry about anyone seeing something I don't want them to see. I no longer have to wear shorts or shirt over my suit. It is perfectly modest and I can wear it anywhere. I can even wear my garments underneath if I want to.

If you would like to try this I am behind you 100%. Give me a call and I will help you!






Family Sicky Day. 1st Eliza got sick, followed my Ricky and Aaramie, followed by William, followed by Hyrum. It was soooo awful. I have never seen such a terrible flu. Everyone was throwing up about every 20 min for 12 hours. I'm glad we survived. This is everyone trying to keep their mind off of it by watching a movie. William introduced the kids to Star Wars. You should have seen Ricky! When it came to the part where Darth Vador tells Luke that he is his father, Ricky just couldn't believe it! After the movie he was so excited he was flexing his muscles everytime I looked at him.





Visit to an old friend. We haven't seen each other for 9 months! Where does the time go?! But it felt just like old times.















Hyrum is so happy and cute . . . as long as Mom is within a 6 ft radius.





















Haircuts for my birthday. We had a fabulous time with Donavon and Lisa for my birthday. We partied the whole time! I needed a haircut so bad and it was looking like I wouldn't see my sister Valeri for a while (she is my beautician of choice) so anyway, I bit the bullet and went to a salon. Come to find out, Half of my hair is naturally curly now. It all started with my pregnancy with Hyrum. I started to have a couple "dificult spots" that had funny bumps. I just got so used to pony tails that I didn't really notice that the whole back half of my head was curly. Now that my hair is cut and difficult to put in a pony tail, it is very obvious. So each day I have to decide if I am going to curl the straight part or straighten the curly part . . .