July 2009

I don't have much time since it took so long to download all the pics. So short descriptions will have to suffice.

We decided to take some 1 yr old pics of Hyrum in his new b-day outfit from Grandma. Hyrum is very active and was on the run the whole time. He did not want to sit still! It was difficult to get a picture with no drool, boogers, and Hyrum trying to get away.





most of the pics look like this

























This recipe is quickly becoming famous as more and more people try it. It is homemade wheat thins.


Wheat Thins
3 c whole wheat flour
¼ c sugar (I use sucanat)
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
½ c melted butter
1 c buttermilk (I use water)
Mix all dry ingredients together. Add melted butter and buttermilk and mix well. Form dough into a ball the size of a tennis ball. Roll out quite thin on an ungreased cookie sheet. It is important to roll it as thin as possible. Score into 2 inch squares. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.



Tortillas (Another favorite I am always handing out)
1 cup all-purpose flour ( I use all whole wheat, no white flour, and it turns out about the same)
4 cups whole wheat bread flour
1 cup oil (I use grapeseed oil since it won't become toxic when cooked)
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups boiling water
all-purpose flour for rolling
Combine the dry ingredients with the oil. Then add the boiling water. Break off into golf ball size balls and roll out to desired thinness. Place on heated griddle. As soon as you see a bubble or a bunch of bubbles turn it over and cook the other side. Roll out the next tortilla while you are waiting for that one to cook. (It cooks about 1 min on each side depending how you like it, I like it just a light brown on the bubbles). This recipe makes about 12 tortillas. You may want to make a smaller batch your first time and try it out.
My quick trip to Utah. Valeri had some credit with Delta that had to be used before Aug 2. So she flew me down and we had a great time. Here we are making wheat thins.


I was able to go to Chris and Nikki's baby blessing for Reese while I was in Utah. What a neat thing is to hear my younger brother bless his baby.


This is a random picture. We decided to get rid of the drawers that we have used since we were married. We got them from Williams cousin. They were well used but I need to change things up a bit. I am still, and probably will be for years to come, trying to make my house work for me.

Aaramie took this picture while we were canning beets. They are the best helpers! Notice how we kept Hyrum happy and occupied.


Back to my Utah trip. Hyrum did not want to be strapped in and was all over the airport. It was a fun game to try to chase him while holding the diaper bag the stroller and the suitcase.

Reeses baby blessing


Rooks - Mr. Potato head


Val has a van now - She looks so much more like a mom.

Grandma had a cancer removal surgery and didn't want her picture taken. We love her. She is an example of perserverence and faith and enduring to the end.


Val took me walking along the mountain and Bridal Veil Falls. I miss Utah mountains.

Me and Hyrum in the plane. It was like Sacrament meeting but I couldn't go out in the hall!



I had to put this in here because I am so proud of my yard sale bargains! All my clothes come from yard sales or the quarter sale.

Carrie came to visit for a week. It was her birthday present. Unfortunately, Hyrum still thinks he needs to be glued to me. The kids had a great time. We went camping but of course I forgot my camera. Our favorite activity while camping was swimming. Unlike our last campout, the weather was perfect and I didn't see 1 mosquito! While Carrie was here she realized I could keep her busy every second of the day. I think I may have overworked her. It's a good thing we finished up with some fun and camping.



Monday-Baking day
Picking strawberries on greenbluff. Rosina was so kind to come and help us! Ashley,chezzy,hayden and payton also helped.
Grandpa likes his mower. We are often called to help rake the grass after he mows.



Neverending fun at Grandmas house - since there is always bugs to catch. The kids can catch bugs all day long!

Hyrum got Roseola! He had a really high fever (103-104)with no other symptoms for 3 days and then broke out in this rash!



Fourth of July Parade. The kids dressed up like Pioneers and blew Kazoo's while walking around the church parking lot.