This is the girls new swim suits. It is fun to make them match. You can't really tell from the pictures but they are bright orange!
Here is my other projects. My girls have a lot of bows and flowers and they keep getting smashed and dirty (like when they are put in the tooth brush drawer with toothpaste that didn't get a lid on it). I found this idea online and had some things on hand to make it work.
Since my first one was so sucessful, I decided to make one as a thank you for our cabinet guy (of course not for him but for his girls).
I even tried out a method I saw on youtube to make flowers from silk and melting the edges with a candle. It took FOREVER but they sure look nice.
Eliza wants to wear dresses to school. She bought that hat at a yard sale.
We have really enjoyed listening to Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp music on you tube. Hyrum loves the Cello Wars and begs for me to play it. He was dancing to it when I took this picture. There is one called "Peponi" (pep-O-nee) and Hyrum went around the house singing "bumble bee". I told him it was Peponi and a few minutes later he asked if he could listen to the peperoni song.:)
Even though I told her not to, Eliza turned running through the sprinklers into, make a mud pit. Unfortunately since this is a filled in swimming pool, we are pretty sure the water has no where to drain. It makes for a fabulous sand box for the kids. Luke, the boy next to Hyrum, is Eliza's age but he and Hyrum are such good friends. They can play for hours.
We invested in an air hocky table that we saw on craigslist. We were originally looking for a fooz ball table but the kids have loved playing with this. One of the reasons we got it is because Rick is growing up and all the toys in the toy room just don't entertain his friends. We have noticed him trying really hard to keep his friends entertained but without a wii or xbox or even an ipod, it has been hard for him since his friends have all the cool electrical gadgets.
Bud came and installed the moulding and drawer fronts.
We love the pillars under the sink. They pull out and have shelves.
This is William cutting the hole for the exhaust vent for the Micro-hood. He worked on the microwave while I did the tiles.
So here is the before . . .