The bishop hurt his back really bad and couldn't come to church so the primary went and sang to him.
Hyrum finally lost the other front tooth!
Looking back, I can't believe how much we did for our yard! We ripped out so many bushes that had become trees! They were so huge! We couldn't chainsaw them, we couldn't just use clippers. William decided to try the tow rope, We made a little more progress with that but it was ripping up the tow rope, Then he borrowed some chains from Uncle John and finally we were able to rip out part by part until we found some kind of central area and then we could rip it out by it's roots. What a job! We ended up taking 6 full trailer loads (16 ft trailer)of bushes and branches to the dump! I am so grateful for my wonderful kids. They need a lot of reminding but they really are good workers. I love their optimism!
Sunday was easter and conference. I decided that we could have an egg hunt but that it would be centered around Christ. There were several special eggs that helped us review the easter story.
After having 2 job interviews and waiting for weeks William was called and asked to come to Topeka for a job interview! So William took some days off and flew off. At home we were looking at houses in the area. It was so hard not knowing what was going to happen! That night Hyrum jumped off a rock and hit his face on the concrete. Poor kid!
This was the hotel William stayed in.
Not knowing if we would move but thinking that it was likely, I started getting ready for a yard sale. We sold sooooo much stuff! Vienna played with our stuff the whole time. What a cutie!
We had originally ordered 3 packages of bees but not knowing if we were going to get the job or not we asked if we could just buy one. We got one and we were glad we did. Rick was so excited but it was pretty stressful the first time and several bees tried to sting him. After that he wasn't as excited to go out and feed the bees. Some things are exciting until you actually do it, huh? It is stressful at first but the more that we did it the less stressful it became.
This was putting the bee nuc into the hive
In the end we were able to sell our bees and bee equiptment to our friends the McIntires. A week after we moved the bees she called me while I was packing to move, and said that her hive had just swarmed! I went over with some totes and we banged the bees out of the tree. It was such a crazy experience but I really felt that Heavenly Father sent help and guided us.
My crafty child! I told her that she had to throw away her craft and that we wouldn't take them to Topeka so she took pictures of them.
For memory's sake I thought I would add this picture. Our Skylight had been leaking and I suggested we put a bucket in the attic and it just made it worse! Ahh. We needed to sell the house and we had a serious problem. Lekiesha Grant's dad who is a roofer, came and fixed the leak. I spent hours spraying the spot with bleach over and over and I could tell that the mudding was cracking. William was determined that we just needed to keep doing it. I was determined that it just needed to be painted! William finally conceded!
Ripping the bushes out of the back yard too! Can't believe we didn't do this earlier!
I took some pictures of the house to send my mom as we were discussing paint colors for the house.
Look at all that wood!!! We had over 6 cords of wood even after burning all winter! We were able to sell it, what a blessing! So strange to finally have all the wood that we needed, and it was good wood, and then we had to leave. It felt a little like leaving Nauvoo, simbolically.
Hyrum's 1 st grade concert
Here is our sample paint spot. This is the color we ended up going with and it looked so good! Again, I can't believe it took us so long to do this!










































