Nauvoo with Val and JD! We weren't able to move into our home as we had hoped this week so instead of staying in a small apartment all week we decided to visit Nauvoo. What a great place for families! I am so grateful and impressed with the service of the missionaries there.
Valeri had offered to take Eliza, Hyrum, and Vienna for a few weeks while we looked for a house here in Topeka. I am so grateful! Then the week before July 4th they drove our van and their van with all the kids and came to visit for a week!
This post is backwards in time. Start at the end and then work your way back:)
Vienna and Alissa and Tidence were pretty wiggly and didn't get much out of the tours but the other kids learned a lot!!! They were very attentive and enjoyed it a bunch.
The Tin shop
The gun smith
Rope making
Candle Making
Wagon ride
General store
They had fantastic performances and they are all free.
One of the original sun stones from the temple.
Pictures from Val's phone:
We went to the park on July 4th before all the fireworks with Val and JD. William and I are trying to learn to do the ripstick!
We were able to go see our future home with Val and JD while they were here. I took a few pictures. This is with the previous owners stuff in it. Hopefully I will get a picture of these rooms with our stuff :)
Visit to Washburn college with the Muirs. They have a pond to feed fish and turtles and also an art and craft area just for kids.
Thank you so much Arletta for driving that big truck the whole way!!!
Eliza, Hyrum, and Vienna stayed with Valeri for the next 3 weeks while we looked for a home. Here is a bunch of pictures from Val's camera.
Of course Val is one to get out and have fun so they often went to the park or bike riding.
William even got in the hammock while we were there.
I am so glad we got this picture of Vienna's hair. Her hair looks so good when you put it in but somehow she plays and it all starts falling out and she looks like this for the majority of the time :)
Valeri's kids and our kids both love crafts!
I can't believe she was able to cook for all these people for over 3 weeks!
Vienna and Hyrum had a birthday while at Valeri's house. She was so good to do that for them.
Kung fu with JD
Hyrum got sunglasses from Val for his birthday.
Vienna got new sandals from Val for her birthday.
I am so glad my kids were good helpers!
Bottle Rockets! So fun!
The kids were required to read for and hour every afternoon. I wish I could get this going at our house!
Hyrum decided to try out the piano while he was there. Of course all the kids had to be there for the first lesson! He came home so excited to learn piano so we started him and he has been doing great!!!
Of course for Hyrum's birthday he got a fruit salad instead of a cake. Everyone knows that Hyrum is a fruit kid.
Eliza got a new hairdo in her hair everyday and she loved it.
The Wildings, Crocketts, and Millers all got together one weekend while the kids were there.
Vienna continues to be SUCH a smiley girl!
Eliza went running with Val and had a great time. Val was surprised that Eliza could keep talking even while running. Eliza always has something to say even when she is out of breath!
This is at the Hotel on the way to Topeka.
Yoga Hammocks at Valeri's house. Lots of fun for kids and adults! We stopped there for an overnighter on our way to Topeka.
Sierra Burrell was a little girl that Vienna really enjoyed playing with. She brought Vienna a picture she colored to say goodbye.
We had the best neighbors ever! Wendy and Wally and their family. I cannot imagine better loving neighbors. They always came to help us especially when we really needed them. One day William was chopping wood and we were trying to stack it and Wally and Nathan came over and helped chop wood! Several times I would go out to do the snow shoveling and Nathan would come over and help me.
This is Emily and Amy. I was blessed to do the pantry with them for a little over a year.
Here you can also see Nathan and .... ahhh I forgot her name!
We have an amazing library here. It is huge! This was a character thing the kids could put their faces in.












































































































